As an employer we understand that our people can have issues related to their mental health & wellbeing and can face stigma and discrimination as a result. We are committed to creating a positive working environment for all our people and a safe and dignified workplace where people can be open about their mental health challenges. This is consistent with our Together We’re Great culture and our company values –
As an employer we will make the following commitments:
- Balhousie will promote positive attitudes towards people with mental health issues and fully comply with all aspects of the Equality Act 2010 at every stage of the employee life cycle.
- We will devise a Mental Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- We will develop an internal Wellbeing Champions Programme so that our people can be supported by trained colleagues.
- We will open up learning opportunities for our people through a variety of mediums so that we can increase mental health awareness and reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues.
- We will create additional learning opportunities for our leaders in business so that they are sufficiently trained and supported to handle mental health issues in the workplace.
- We will commit to support our people with an Employee Assistance Programme to facilitate access to professional counselling 24/7 for those who need it when they need it.
- We will commit to developing a Wellbeing Toolkit for our people which includes Wellness Action Planning, tips to positive mental health and support from external resources.