Balhousie Ruthven Towers is a restored former country house hotel, beautifully converted in order to provide our residents with a spacious, relaxing and comfortable environment in which they feel safe, secure and most importantly, at home. Our care home aptly reflects its tranquil surroundings with extensive and well-kept landscaped gardens and the home has retained many of it’s wonderful, original features. We offer a full range of caring support including residential, nursing and respite care in our lovely 49 bed property.
To take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Nursing Home and the general well-being of Residents and Staff Members. To ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
This is a Nursing home setting and as such we are ideally seeking a manager with nursing qualification(s) and experience to lead a Nursing team as well as the wider staff group.
- Formally supervise / appraise Staff Members in line with Company policy, and conduct on-going informal assessment of the work of Staff Members, to ensure consistently high standards
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholders; maintaining effective communications through regular contact / meetings with Residents, Relatives, Staff Members, Director of Operations, Head Office and any other concerned bodies
- Attain agreed levels of turnover and profitability
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented and efficiently promoted within the local community and beyond
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum two years’ management / supervisory experience
- NMC Pin
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 4 in Care Services Leadership and Management (desirable)
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification i.e. Registered Manager’s Award (desirable)
As well as a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable dependant on skills and experience; we offer other benefits such as a company car, and operate a performance related annual bonus structure.