At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance function based at our impressive Head Office in Perth. The post will be permanent and full time, working across typical office hours Monday to Friday.
Balhousie Care Group’s core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
This role suits an enthusiastic individual with strong time management skills, who is able to work under pressure to complete deadlines whilst adopting a meticulous approach to ensure tasks are completed with a high degree of accuracy.
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for the sales ledger function within the group ensuring accurate and efficient records are maintained for the financial accounts of all residents.
- Maintain the Sales Ledger in Cold Harbour ensuring it is up-to-date and accurate
- Day to day management of Income Processing Records
- Ensure correct contractual and funding documents are in place from the Home Managers and Local Authorities
- Ensuring any change in funding arrangements are reflected in the sales ledger accurately and timely
- Process invoices in a timely manner
- Allocation of all monies received from various fund sources
- Processing direct debit collections
- Credit Control
- Managing a shared mailbox
- Develop internal relationships with Finance colleagues / Home Managers / Administrators / Business Support Staff
- Develop external relationships with key contacts at Local Authorities & with resident’s families
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Sales ledger experience
- Credit control experience
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication is a key part of this role on occasion difficult conversations can arise
- Very good literacy skills as there is the need for regular correspondence with Local Authorities, resident families and external professionals
- Previous experience of other Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Outlook
- Experience of Cold Harbour Care Home Management and Finance System
- Previous experience within the Care Home Sector
- Proficient in using Sage 200.
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.