Salary: £10.56 per hour
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
We have fantastic opportunities to join our award winning business, based at our lovely Rumbling Bridge Home in Rumbling Bridge, between Dollar and Kinross. The picturesque site is quite rural so candidates having transport is desirable.
We can be flexible regarding hours/shifts in terms of number of and the pattern, and welcome applications from suitable candidates who may wish for part time hours though can discuss potential full time hours too, as well as also providing the option flexible bank contract.
Balhousie Care Group’s core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
You will be passionate about enhancing the lives of residents, and display a positive outlook and friendly manner. This is a person-centred role within a person-centred organisation so putting the residents first is always the focus. The role will be covering both our elderly dementia and younger peoples units.
- To plan and implement activities appropriate to Residents’ needs and requests
- To assist Home Manager to organise fundraising events
- Help Residents to socialise within the Care Home, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes
- Assist with budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings
- Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the Care Home’s activities
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience of a care setting, specifically with elderly residents is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with residents with dementia is also advantageous
- You must be IT literate with good administration skills
- An outgoing, friendly and positive mindset will be of great benefit in this role
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to create a fun and positive environment
If you do not have experience but have the desire to work in care and have the right fit in terms of personality this role might be for you!
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.