This is a great opportunity to join our business at our lovely Forth View site in Methil. We have immediate starts on offer for the right candidate(s) on a flexible Bank contracted basis.
To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Residents
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperature
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Previous supervisory experience (highly desirable)
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Resident group (desirable)
*pay rate to be discussed at interview