Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
If so, come and join Balhousie Care Group, and be one of our ‘Everyday Heroes’!
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and over 1400 staff; Balhousie Care Group is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care and can boast a stunning HQ with skilled and dedicated support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our Dalnagar Home in Crieff. We have 1 x 44hr role available working day shift, though would consider 2 x part time candidates.
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure Residents retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Home / Unit.
- Ensure Residents’ individual needs are met through effective care planning and review. Using our new Samsung devices with PCS (Person Centred Software) to electronically record completed tasks etc.
· Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home
- Carry out regular checks on Residents at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Provide care and support as identified in care reviews and care and support plans, as directed by senior Staff Members
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, colleagues, Managers and others
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Experience of working in a care/support setting (desirable)
Whilst relevant knowledge and experience is welcomed; we provide extensive support and training, meaning that so long as you have the correct attitude and mentality for the position – we can do the rest! We can teach you most things, but we cannot teach you kindness or compassion, and so these are the essential requirements for this role.
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have a great range of staff benefits including cashback at various shops and supermarkets and access to free counselling services.
Join our team!