This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business in a vital senior role based at our lovely home in Auchterarder, Perthshire.
As well as a highly competitive salary and package we also now offer a ‘£1000 Golden Hello*’ bonus payment for Nursing positions.
To lead the Nursing Team and oversee / maintain the care of all Residents within a designated area of the Care Home and, in the absence of the Home Manager and Deputy Home Manager, take responsibility for the day to day running of the Care Home. To delegate tasks and monitor all staff members activity.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care, seeking medical or other interventions as required. Using our new Samsung devices with PCS (Person Centred Software) to electronically record completed tasks etc.
- Be aware of the need to manage and maintain budgets agreed by the Home Manager and Head Office
- Carry out all nursing procedures efficiently and effectively, including administration of prescribed medicines and maintenance of appropriate records in line with the Company’s policies and procedures, and SSSC guidelines.
- Supervise visits and liaise with GPs in order to establish a good relationship between GPs / Health Care Professionals and the Care Home.
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, colleagues, Managers and others
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
- Valid NMC Pin
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Experience of working in a care/support setting (desirable)