Balhousie Alastrean House Care Home in Tarland recently completed an extensive refurbishment to provide luxury living with care and support. This beautiful building has scope for 51 residents and allows for on-site accommodation for some staff.
The home is situated in idyllic landscaped gardens with spectacular views and has been tastefully restored to its original grandeur, providing hospitality with care to those requiring residential, nursing or Alzheimer and dementia care.
To oversee / maintain the care of all Residents within the Care Home and, in the absence of the Home Manager, take responsibility for the day to day running of the Care Home. To delegate tasks and monitor all junior Staff activity. This is a Nursing home setting and as such we are ideally seeking a manager with nursing qualification(s) and experience to lead a Nursing team as well as the wider staff group.
- Organise Staff Members’ workload by forward planning off duty, ensuring that there is sufficient cover, and deal with Staff problems where appropriate
- Establish and maintain good communication with Residents, Relatives and the multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the evaluation and review of policies and procedures as and when required
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
- Supervise visits and liaise with GPs in order to establish a good relationship between GPs / Health Care Professionals and the Care Home
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous management / supervisory experience (desirable)
- NMC Pin
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Clinical Expertise in Professional area of qualification
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification (desirable)
As well as a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable dependant on skills and experience; we offer other benefits and operate a staff pension scheme.