Hours: 40 hours per week (of which 6 are supernumery)
Salary – Depending on Experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join our award winning business as deputy manager of our lovely home in Crieff, Perthshire.
The property is a beautiful, classic 19th century 40 bed home nestled amongst idyllic landscaped gardens and set to a backdrop of Perthshire’s stunning countryside. We offer a full range of caring support including residential, nursing, respite and palliative care and also specialise in Alzheimer’s and Dementia care.
To oversee / maintain the care of all Residents within the Care Home and, in the absence of the Home Manager, take responsibility for the day to day running of the Care Home. To delegate tasks and monitor all junior Staff activity. This is a Nursing home setting and as such we are seeking a Deputy Manager with nursing qualification(s) and experience to lead a Nursing team as well as the wider staff group.
Organise Staff Members’ workload by forward planning off duty, ensuring that there is sufficient cover, and deal with Staff problems where appropriate
- Establish and maintain good communication with Residents, Relatives and the multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the evaluation and review of policies and procedures as and when required
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
Supervise visits and liaise with GPs in order to establish a good relationship between GPs / Health Care Professionals and the Care Home
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous management / supervisory experience (desirable)
- NMC Pin (essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Clinical Expertise in Professional area of qualification
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification (desirable)