Balhousie Glens Care home is a beautifully restored former hotel that has been expertly converted in order to provide our residents with a spacious, relaxing and comfortable environment.
The 31 bed Nursing Home offers a full range of caring support including residential, nursing, respite and palliative care.
To take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Nursing Home and the general well-being of Residents and Staff Members. To ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
This is a Nursing home setting and as such we are seeking a manager with nursing qualification(s) and experience to lead a Nursing team as well as the wider staff group.
- Formally supervise / appraise Staff Members in line with Company policy, and conduct on-going informal assessment of the work of Staff Members, to ensure consistently high standard
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholders; maintaining effective communications through regular contact / meetings with Residents, Relatives, Staff Members, Senior Management, Head Office and any other concerned bodies
- Attain agreed levels of turnover and profitability by focusing on agreed budgets and expenditure; whilst liaising with and reporting to Operations and Finance colleagues
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented and efficiently promoted within the local community and beyond
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Minimum two years’ management / supervisory experience
- NMC Pin (essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 4 in Care Services Leadership and Management (desirable)
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification i.e. Registered Manager’s Award (desirable)
As well as a highly competitive salary, which is negotiable dependant on skills and experience; we offer other benefits including a company car and have a performance related annual bonus structure.