This is a new opportunity to join our award winning organisation, and be part of our great staff team in a fantastic, dynamic and rewarding role.
This is a secure and permanent post, where you will work family friendly hours with alternative weekends off and no split shifts or backshifts.
To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Residents
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperature
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Previous supervisory experience (desirable)
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Resident group (desirable)
Competitive salary, pension, development/training and staff benefits package form part of this fantastic offer