*Competitive salary, company car, bonus structure and benefits form part of ths great package*
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our North Inch home in the centre of Perth, as Home Manager.
Our core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
To take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Care Home and the general well-being of Residents and Staff Members. To ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
- Formally supervise / appraise Staff Members in line with Company policy, and conduct on-going informal assessment of the work of Staff Members, to ensure consistently high standards
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholders; maintaining effective communications through regular contact / meetings with Residents, Relatives, Staff Members, Senior Management, Head Office and any other concerned bodies
- Attain agreed levels of turnover and profitability by maintaining a professional focus on agreed budgets and using commercial awareness whilst liaising with Operations and Finance colleagues to monitor progress
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented and efficiently promoted within the local community and beyond
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Management / supervisory experience (2 years plus is highly desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- SVQ Level 4 in Care Services Leadership and Management
- Relevant care for the Elderly experience
- NMC Pin (not essential)
- Qualification i.e. Registered Manager’s Award (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.