At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our ASC site in Balbeggie, near Perth.
This is a permanent and secure post, working 40 hours per week.
Our core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
You will be responsible for carrying out day to day maintenance to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
- To complete all statutory, mandatory and routine maintenance required on site according to schedule
- To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- To ensure the home is inspection ready at all times.
- To carry out reactive and minor works required (Painting/Plumbing/Electrical/Joinery)
- Management of subcontractors on site
- To ensure compliance with Balhousie and Resident confidentiality policies
- Grass Cutting, Bush Trimming and Leaves Clearance
- PAT Testing
- Portering Duties as requested by Home Manager
- Supervision of waste uplifts
- Attend break downs, carry out fault diagnosis, repair or advise as required.
- Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hours work.
- Procure materials and equipment to carry out works.
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Appropriately skilled
- Relevant experience in the building services or maintenance industry
- Ability to undertake small tasks
- Good demonstrable track record in a similar role
- Ability to work on own volition, deal with Resident queries,
- Strong customer care focus & high levels of communication skills
- Good Health and Safety awareness and knowledge
- Able to work at heights
- Committed, reliable and flexible
- Able to work as part of a Team and to work on their own
- Satisfactory PVG check
- Driving license and access to own vehicle (essential)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.