Balhousie Alastrean House Care Home in Tarland recently completed an extensive refurbishment to provide luxury living with care and support. This beautiful building has scope for 51 residents and allows for on-site accommodation for some staff.
The home is situated in idyllic landscaped gardens with spectacular views and has been tastefully restored to its original grandeur, providing hospitality with care to those requiring residential, nursing or Alzheimer and dementia care
You will be responsible for carrying out day to day maintenance to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
- To complete all statutory, mandatory and routine maintenance required on site according to schedule
- To ensure the company Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- To ensure the home is inspection ready at all times.
- To carry out reactive and minor works required (Painting/Plumbing/Electrical/Joinery)
- Management of subcontractors on site
- To ensure compliance with Balhouise and Resident confidentiality policies
- Grass Cutting, Bush Trimming and Leaves Clearance
- PAT Testing
- Portering Duties as requested by Home Manager
- Supervision of waste uplifts * Attend break downs, carry out fault diagnosis, repair or advise as required.
- Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hours work.
- Procure materials and equipment to carry out works.
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Appropriately skilled
- Relevant experience in the building services or maintenance industry
- Ability to undertake small tasks
- Good demonstrable track record in a similar role
- Ability to work on own volition, deal with Resident queries,
- Strong customer care focus & high levels of communication skills
- Good Health and Safety awareness and knowledge
- Able to work at heights
- Committed, reliable and flexible
- Able to work as part of a Team and to work on their own
- Satisfactory PVG check
- Driving license and access to own vehicle (desirable)
This is an interim role for 3 months initially