*We offer a ‘£1000 Golden Hello*’ bonus payment for Nursing positions*
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our North Grove / North Inch site in the centre of Perth.
Our core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
If so, come and join Balhousie Care Group, and be one of our ‘Everyday Heroes’!
To oversee / maintain the care of all Residents within the Care Home and, in the absence of the Home Manager, take responsibility for the day to day running of the Care Home. To delegate tasks and monitor all junior Staff activity. This is a Nursing home setting and as such, we are seeking a Deputy Manager with nursing qualification(s) and experience to lead a Nursing team as well as the wider staff group.
- Organise Staff Members’ workload by forward planning off duty, ensuring that there is sufficient cover, and deal with Staff problems where appropriate
- Establish and maintain good communication with Residents, Relatives and the multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the evaluation and review of policies and procedures as and when required
- Ensure compliance with the Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements
- Supervise visits and liaise with GPs in order to establish a good relationship between GPs / Health Care Professionals and the Care Home
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous management / supervisory experience (desirable)
- NMC Pin (essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Clinical Expertise in Professional area of qualification
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.