Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
If so, come and join Balhousie Care Group, and be one of our ‘Everyday Heroes’!
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and over 1400 staff; Balhousie Care Group is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care and can boast a stunning HQ with skilled and dedicated support staff.
This is a new opportunity to join our award winning organisation, and be part of our great staff team at our Forth View site in Methil, Fife.
We have bank opportunities available.
To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- Support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, deputising at relevant times
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Residents
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperature
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Previous supervisory experience (desirable)
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Resident group (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have a great range of staff benefits including cashback at various shops and supermarkets and access to free counselling services.
Join our team!