We currently have opportunities to join our award winning organisation on a permanent basis. There are full time and part time posts on offer working nightshift.
As a Senior Carer, you will be required to deliver person centred care to our residents including medications administration. Your role will also involve supervising and mentoring the care assistants, whilst supporting the Care Home Manager to lead the team and Service forward.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with all aspects of daily living
- Report on well-being of Residents and liaise with GPs and Support Managers etc.
- Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
- Ensure all holistic assessments are carried out when Residents are admitted to the Care Home e.g. covering nutritional and incontinence issues, risk assessment etc.
- Complete, observe & review care planning needs for Residents, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- You will be passionate about care and willing to make a difference to the residents’ quality of life
- You will be a confident communicator and have the ability to flex your personality to meet the needs of the guests and potential guests
- Experience / Qualification in the Safe Handling of Medicines (Desirable)
- Previous supervisory experience (Desirable)
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- It is essential that you have achieved SVQ Level 2 in Care with a willingness to work towards achieving SVQ Level 3 (or hold level 3 currently)
Competitive salary, pension, development/training and staff benefits package form part of this fantastic offer.