ASC – Accepting, Supporting, Citizenship
We are fast becoming recognised as a preferred facility in Scotland for men and women with learning disabilities, associated mental health issues, behaviours perceived as challenging and/or personality disorders.
OUR PROVISION Operating from four small residential units, our qualified staff adopt the principles of ‘positive behaviour support’ and ‘active support’ to help our residents achieve their personal goals.
The Role To work within a team to provide care and support services for adults with learning and/or physical disabilities, and/or behaviours that may challenge; which aims to maximise the potential of individuals in line with ordinary life principles.
- Ensure Residents’ individual needs are met through effective care planning and review
- Act as a Keyworker to individual residents; taking on responsibility for specified areas of care and support. Ensure all medical needs are met and support the residents to advocate his/her own needs and wishes.
- Support Residents’ participation in social, leisure, educational and employment opportunities within the local community in line with ordinary life principles
- Support Residents to access holidays and day trips of their choice
- Consistently apply non-aversive strategies developed in response to challenging behaviours, and contribute to the review and development of any such strategies
- Provide care and support as identified in care reviews and care and support plans, as directed by senior Staff Members
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, colleagues, Managers and others
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
- Good general education
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Experience of working in a care/support setting, ideally within learning disability services (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with learning disabilities (desirable)
Whilst relevant knowledge and experience is welcomed; we provide extensive support and training, meaning that so long as you have the correct attitude and mentality for the position – we can do the rest!
Competitive salary, pension, development/training and staff benefits package form part of this fantastic offer.