We are looking for Senior Carers/Team Leaders who have the relevant qualifications and experience, but are also happy to consider suitably experienced and motivated Care Assistants who are focused on learning and developing to allow for progression in their care careers.
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
These are fantastic opportunities to join our award winning business, based at our impressive site in Huntly.
Alongside our lovely 60 bed nursing home we have two new, exclusive upmarket bungalows offering independent living with all the benefits of our award-winning care.
We have various posts available and offer flexibility with days, nights, part time and full time options, as well as flexible bank contracts.
Our core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within Care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
As a Team Leader, you will be required to deliver person centred care to our residents including medications administration. Your role will also involve supervising and mentoring the care assistants, whilst supporting the Care Home Manager to lead the team and Service forward.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with all aspects of daily living
- Report on well-being of Residents and liaise with GP’s and Support Managers etc.
- Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
- Ensure all holistic assessments are carried out when Residents are admitted to the Care Home e.g. covering nutritional and incontinence issues, risk assessment etc.
- Complete, observe & review care planning needs for Residents, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- You will be passionate about care and willing to make a difference to the residents’ quality of life
- You will be a confident communicator and have the ability to flex your personality to meet the needs of the guests and potential guests
- Previous care home experience (Essential)
- Previous senior carer experience (Desirable)
- Previous supervisory experience (Desirable)
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- It is expected that you have achieved SVQ Level 2 in Care and ideally have an SVQ Level 3
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.