We are currently looking for a key member of our Operations management team, to lead and develop consistent standards of clinical and care excellence for Balhousie Care Group at a time of consolidation.
With 25 Homes and 1500 colleagues across the award-winning group, based largely in the North East and Central Scotland, our mission is to be the leading provider of private care in Scotland. Over the last couple of years, the company has taken significant steps forward with our commitment to working with residents, families and communities to improve standards of care.
This person will share our passion for people who care and have a responsibility for targeted clinical and operational improvement across a varied range of services and ensuring and being accountable for an exceptional level of clinical governance in our Homes and to our key partners. The successful candidate will work within a team of Operational Managers, People Services, Finance, IT, Care Home Managers and a variety of other internal and external stakeholders to develop important relationships, with our residents and care staff at the core.
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel to individual homes as required as well as attend weekly meetings at our Head Office in Perth.
Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer; the purpose of the role of Clinical Care Improvement Manager is to evidence that our clinical and basic care is of a consistent standard and that which all our stakeholders expect. Working closely with the wider operations team, they will isolate areas of potential or known clinical and operational risk, pooling resources and taking action to address these issues, delivering stability of performance and improvement, as targeted within our operational strategy. This person would assume the position of Clinical Lead for the Balhousie Care Group, sitting on our Clinical Advisory Committee, with responsibility for ensuring that guidance and support given across the group maintains our commitment to high Clinical and Operational governance standards. The role will involve close communication with the Senior Leadership Team and our Clinical Governance panel, as we progress with exciting plans to ensure sector leading Care and Compliance. A determination and skill in working strategically and within dynamic people focussed organisations, offering support/coaching and delivering sustainable improvement is essential.
- Prepare and present monthly report to the Group Chief Operating Officer for submission to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings
- Collate, analyse and ensure company-wide compliance audits are completed and summarised, adhering to the Care Inspectorate and HSE, regulatory requirements.
- Building clear and effective action plans to deliver sustainable improvement within facilities identified as requiring additional support and care.
- Pulling experienced internal resource and managing direct report/s, to build effective project focussed teams to deliver on planned improvement and consistency of care.
- Ensuring effective communication within Balhousie Care Group, with key stakeholders and statutory monitoring bodies.
- Influence and occasionally lead, key improvement projects highlighted as delivering clinical improvement
- Report any incidents, concerns and patterns, that impact our ability to deliver our clinical governance targets, through the relevant channels
- Provide support to Home Managers as we introduce support to raise performance and deliver clinical improvement.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience of planning and evidencing operational improvement across a multi-site organisation.
- An evidenced commitment to quality and care
- Proven experience to coach and lead teams, with a flexible management style
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Relevant Senior Management/Regional Management experience
- Full Driving Licence
- SVQ Level 4 in Care Services Leadership and Management (desirable)
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification i.e. Registered Manager’s Award (desirable)
- Nursing qualification and NMC Pin
- Previous experience in a compliance or quality assurance role
We offer a highly competitive salary and other benefits including company car, and a performance related annual bonus scheme
The salary for this post is negotiable, with skills and experience taken into consideration.
About Balhousie Care Group
Balhousie Care Group was founded 27 years ago when Tony Banks when he identified an opportunity to fill a gap in quality residential care in North East Scotland. Today, with 25 homes in the area, we are one of the leading providers of care in Scotland, providing care to over 960 residents.
Balhousie Care prides itself on its person-centred approach to care. Putting people right at the forefront of everything we do; it’s inclusive of everyone. We capture this philosophy through our ‘Together We’re Great’, an initiative which recognises the skills, talents, attributes and support areas for each, and every person involved in the organisation. Together We’re Great aims to value individuality and promote excellence across the organisation.
A Participation Charter – a first-of-its-kind in the care home sector – commits to residents getting a bigger say than ever in the care they receive, from writing care home policies to recruiting staff. Balhousie Care Group is the recipient of numerous awards. These include Service Business of the Year at The Courier Business Awards, Business Man of the Year at SME Business Awards 2019, and a National Care Award.