Thank you for your patience and understanding today as we have taken some time to consider how best to keep your loved one safe in light of the emergence of the newly identified COVID-19 variant virus.
As our CEO Jill Kerr explained earlier, it has been with a very heavy heart we have closed all of our homes across Balhousie Care Group to indoor and garden visits until further notice. We know how extremely upsetting this decision has been for everyone affected, especially with Christmas so close, but the decision has been taken to ensure we are doing everything we can to protect your loved one at this very difficult time.
While visitation has been suspended, there are still many ways in which you can keep in touch with your loved one. We know this is not the same as a visit in person, but we hope this will go some way to offer comfort to you and a way to continue to be close to your loved one over the festive season and in the coming weeks.
We are pleased to be able to continue offering window visits which might not be as intimate as a face to face visit however it removes any physical interaction therefore reducing the risk of transmission.
Details of what these will entail and the information you need is set out below:
- Window visits will be available from Tuesday December 22, 2020 for one nominated visitor
- Visits are limited to 10 minute slots which can be booked on the online booking system
- Visits can take place from 10.00 to 20.00 daily with the last booking being possible at 19.45
- Visitors will not be subject to Lateral Flow Device testing, temperature checking or PPE as they will not be entering the home
- Video and telephone calls continue to be available. Please contact your home manager if you have any questions about arranging a video call with your loved one
If you have any questions or would like help in organising a video call or a window visit, please contact your home manager and they will be happy to help.
I’d like to thank you again for your support as we have had to make tough but crucial decisions to keep all our residents and our staff safe and secure within our homes.
Head of Operations, Balhousie Care Group